Check back for more resources as they become available!
Hit REFRESH to see the latest updates!
***Please do not contact us regarding financial support as we are only able to offer that to the families already in our program, and we are currently full.
*Stay At Home Order Infomation:
- Novel Coronavirus SIGNS Poster OPT23
- Self care info https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath?utm_source=lifecycle&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=difficult_times_nonsubs_031720
- Self care questions: https://www.charlotteonthecheap.com/questions-for-coping/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=charlotteonthecheap&fbclid=IwAR0gNM9QgmDgAx6sH3BtyhBNecKAEyo_xO8fQ4XpLJIY2xpnhD7mfxc9chQ
*For additional health resources visit www.familiesforwardcharlotte.org/resources
Temp Work Resources:
- Work from home: https://www.workingmother.com/amazon-is-looking-for-5000-work-from-home-employees?fbclid=IwAR1S0csFPxZ8wpeeDOYY3LQfQ4jPL3ja-B4pdnmTecZ1AGcATt1cZdel7MA
- Amazon https://www.wbtv.com/2020/03/17/amazon-hire-workers-charlotte-area-across-carolinas-amid-covid-order-surges/
- Costco https://www.costco.com/job-opportunities.html
- Metrolina Greenhouses is looking to hire over 250 people at our York, SC, and Huntersville, NC locations. We are currently hiring for all shift times and offer competitive pay rates, with options for a rate increase after 25 days. To apply, go to www.metrolinagreenhouses.com/careers or text “jobs@mg” to 97211.
- Information and link to file for unemployment: https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/local/lost-job-because-coronavirus-how-to-file-unemployment-benefits-north-carolina/83-d4c45a71-4559-4fb0-836f-6581594e7d16
- Aldi announced earlier this week it is hiring at all stores and warehouses, including it’s Charlotte locations, according to a company statement. Apply online at careers.aldi.us
- Bellhops moving service is hiring. Bellhops’ workers manage their hours through an app with schedule flexibility. Apply online at getbellhops.com/being-a-bellhop/
- Bi-Lo announced it is hiring, according to parent company Southeastern Grocers news release. The company is offering positions to individuals throughout the Southeast affected by restricted working hours. Apply online at segrocers.com/careers
- Jet’s Pizza, with six Charlotte-area locations, is hiring hundreds of delivery drivers nationwide. The Detroit-style pizza company has 386 independently owned and operated locations in 20 states. Delivery drivers can make $13 to $16 an hour, based on tips and mileage, according to the company. Apply online at jetspizza.com
- Walmart is hiring 150,000 workers through the end of May to work in stores, clubs, distribution centers and fulfillment centers, according to a company press release. Positions will be temporary at first, but many will convert to permanent roles over time, the company said. To apply, go to careers.walmart.com.
- See a list of food pantries on our website resource list at http://www.familiesforwardcharlotte.org/resources/ (Always call to confirm they are open before going).
- The Loyalist Market: we will be giving out a free grilled cheese, ham sandwich, or turkey sandwich to any child currently receiving free lunches within the NC school system until March 30th. (see flyer below for all locations)
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools will provide grab and go meals while schools are closed. Lunch (and breakfast for the next day) will be served in participating school’s parking lots. Meals are free for anyone 18-years old and under. Children must be present to receive meals. Meals will be distributed Monday-Friday beginning Tuesday, March 17 from 10:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. The district will review the meal distribution plan weekly and communicate each week to media and the community which will allow them to update and change when the need arises. (see flyer below)
- Mar 20th -12:30 – 1:30 – Parker Heights Apartments: 1505 Parker Dr.
- Monday – Friday 12:00 – 1:00 – Christ Resurrection Church: 4527 Freedom Drive ( Senior citizens can be signed up for preference – on their website: christresurrectionchurch.org or call 704-398-3244 and a meal will be reserved)
- NC Courts stop evictions and foreclosures as part of coronavirus response https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article241226521.html
- Latin American Coalition (SPANISH) resources: https://www.facebook.com/LaCoalicionCLT/videos/2809491059106255/?vh=e&d=n
- Hotel/Motel Tenants Rights Documents – Document 1, Document 2
- Charlotte Water, Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas suspending disconnections for non-payment due to coronavirus outbreak https://www.wbtv.com/2020/03/13/charlotte-water-duke-energy-piedmont-natural-gas-suspending-disconnection-non-payment-due-coronavirus-outbreak/**These do not mean your bills or rent due will be waived. Once things go back to normal you will most likely owe the amount due in full. Save funds wisely to prepare.
LIEAP funds help ease the strain. Our community matters and Mecklenburg County is here to help. DSS is managing the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) which provides a one-time payment of $300, $400 or $500 to gas or electric utility companies for qualifying households. Visit www.mecknc.gov/lieap for more information. Residents have until March 31, 2020 to apply so there’s still time to make a difference.
- Restaurant Workers Relief Fund: https://rerf.us/apply-for-aid/
Common Wealth Charlotte has established an “COVID-19 Financial Question” system. This system is designed specifically for low-income wage earners having concerns about current (or impending) financial hardship due to loss of income from job cessation, voluntary or mandatory quarantines or other hardships caused by COVID-19.Access to the system is easy:Text the word “finances” to 474747The sender will receive a text response with a link to complete a short “COVID-19 Financial Question” form. That form will be returned to a queue CWC has set up, and our Advanced Financial, Education and Loan Administration teams and trained volunteers will respond with a phone call to address the question, offer relevant guidance if possible, and make referrals to other appropriate agencies as necessary.We do not know how to anticipate demand for this system, and we cannot guarantee we will be able to provide answers for every situation. But we will do the best we can to expedite return contact and to provide some basic information on issues we expect people to face. We believe we will field many “what if I cannot…” questions, including:• … pay my mortgage?• … make my car payment?• … pay my rent?• … feed my family?• … pay my utility bill?• … pay my credit card?• … pay my income taxes?We have answers and guidance for those and other basic questions. If nothing else, the CWC Advanced Financial Counselor will provide reassurance that someone is there to listen.
- Free internet for new customers with existing hookup: https://www.wbtv.com/2020/03/15/spectrum-offer-students-free-internet-amid-covid-pandemic/
- Another Free internet for new customers with existing hookup: https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/coronavirus/comcast-offering-internet-essentials-package-free-for-60-months-during-coronavirus-outbreak?fbclid=IwAR27_HyEiCmI4RdSkyaKveBv3WYaDI0lIUeET3xd93Rh4SIYBMe4PaxW4vA
- Zoo animals up close! https://www.facebook.com/cincinnatizoo/photos/you-can-interact-with-our-galapagos-tortoises-daily-at-2pm-it-would-take-a-gal%C3%A1p/10157270329460479/
⚠️CATS Service Update⚠️Starting Wednesday, March 25, the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) will operate a temporary modified schedule, fare free, until further notice. No passes will be available for purchase and all ticket vending machines and fare boxes will be taken out of service.FULL SCHEDULE DETAILS >> https://bit.ly/3dmGCYU*Bus*Local fixed-route and community circulator buses will operate on a Saturday schedule Monday through Saturday. Buses will operate normal Sunday service on Sundays. The route 290-Davidson Shuttle will not operate.Express routes will operate two trips in the morning and afternoon, Monday through Friday. The 41X-Steele Creek Express, 61X-Arboretum Express, 65X-Matthews Express and 88X- Mountain Island Express will not operate due to complementary local routes in those areas.CATS asks that riders exit buses through available rear doors.*Light Rail*The LYNX Blue Line will operate on a Sunday schedule.*Paratransit*CATS’ Special Transportation Services (STS) operations will be limited to life-sustaining trips only. Life-sustaining trips include those to medical facilities and grocery stores.Riders with questions or concerns should email TellTransit@charlottenc.gov. For time-sensitive issues, riders should call 704-336-RIDE (7433).